It's an ideal place to post information about non-commercial, local events, resources and activities that are relevant to our community.
Provided by the City Council; space is limited so A5-sized posters and notices are the ideal way to publicise things. The following guidance is taken from the Oxford City Council website:-
The aim of community notice boards is to inform local people about what's going on in their area; providing information from the City Council, Police and other partner organisations as well as information on activities run by local communities and organisations
Notices are displayed at the discretion of the organisation managing the board based on a set of priorities. (In our case; HRA.)
As space is limited the display of posters and other information is based on the following five priorities (1 being the highest and 5 the lowest):-
- Local community organised events, courses and general information.
- Oxford City Council and Neighbourhood Policing information and activities (for example Local Councillors contact details, City Council events, Police Neighbourhood Teams etc.)
- Details of community organisations, activities and meetings.
- Statutory information (for example electoral register notices, notice of elections).
- Local commercially organised events where there is deemed to be an overriding benefit to the local community and where the aims coincide with those of Oxford City Council.
Presentation and Content Guidelines:
We are unable to display commercial marketing and party political campaigning materials. We welcome posters with:-
- tidy and uncluttered layout;
- a clear title and legible text;
- the contact details of the person/organisation responsible for producing it clearly displayed;
- a 'display until' date (we suggest a three week maximum although notices may be removed earlier if there is pressure for space);
- lawful and morally inoffensive content which adheres to commonsense standards of taste and decency.
Sending Notices for Display:
To send notices for display, please follow these steps:-
- Ensure your notice is within the maximum size stated on the list;
- Address an envelope care of the Community Noticeboard Manager at the correspondence addresses of your chosen board/s;
- Add a covering note with more information on what the activity/event is and how long the notice needs to be displayed for;
- Provide your contact details, should there be any questions;
- Ensure that you have paid sufficient postage.
Notices for the HRA noticeboard should be sent to:-
℅ 46 Stapleton Road
Oxford OX3 7LU
While every attempt will be made to accommodate requests to display information, we reserve the right not to display a leaflet or poster which falls outside of the stated guidelines.