These Smarter Home Visits visits comprise a 20-45 minute appointment in which the Advisors will:-
- complete a questionnaire and advise you on how to reduce your water consumption (and, if metered, your bill)
- offer to fit a range of free, water-saving devices, and
- check your meter for leakage - offering free repairs in certain circumstances.
Some residents may be entitled to a rebate on their Thames Water bill for surface water drainage if the rainwater falling on your roof &/or driveway drains into a soakaway, rather than into the drains. It might be worth your contacting them on 0800 980 8800 or via the website at www.thameswater.co.uk.
Also; did you know that:-
- If you have applied for a water meter but were unable to have one fitted for any reason, you may be eligible for a reduced tariff. If this is the case, check your latest bill to see it mentions this anywhere (usually just above the figures on the second side of the first page of the bill).
- If you are a single householder without a meter you may be eligible for a reduced tariff as the Water Rate is based on the number of bedrooms in your property. If this matches your circumstances and there is no mention of it on your bill, get in touch with the Thames Water billing department to find out if you are eligible.
- And finally; if you are on a pension, or some types of benefit or, are having trouble paying your bill, help may be available. Again, contact the billing department on the number shown on the first page of your bill.