Repair, Reuse (or repurpose) or Recycle
If you don’t want to use an item yourself, here are some other ways of disposing of things:-
- Check if your Friends & Neighbours might be interested in your items - or leave them at your gate with a note saying "Free to take away" or similar.
- Orinoco Scrap Store: Based at Bullingdon Community Centre, this local community organisation states ”Our passion is inspiring creativity through supplying arts, craft and DIY resources and tools. This means we are always on the lookout for bulk quantities of fabric, paper, plastics, craft and art resources. We also take things like wallpaper, sewing stuff, old paint and old tools.” They also hold a monthly ‘Swap Shop’. See: https://orinocoscrapstore.wordpress.com for more.
- Local papers: The Oxford Times (Thursdays) & Oxford Mail (daily) both carry classified adverts for a small charge. See http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/mart/ and http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/buy_sell//.
- Daily Info: Oxford-based information sheet and website that allows you to advertise for free. See: https://www.dailyinfo.co.uk
- eBay: Sell your items for a fixed price or take a chance and auction them. See: https://www.ebay.co.uk
- GumTree: You can advertise your items here whether you want to get rid of the free of charge or at a price. See: https://www.gumtree.com
- Car Boot Sales: ...If you have a pile of unwanted items to dispose of.
- Trash Nothing: You'd be surprised what people will take by advertising them here - even if you think there is no further use for them! See: https://trashnothing.com